2015: The World Unbound
Voices of the Unbound
Questions to Consider (Examples)
- How does each selection relate to this year’s theme?
- Is poetry more meaningful when it is bound to form?
- Are stories more difficult to write today than they were a century ago?
- Is it appropriate to include real living people as characters in works of fiction?
- How different would stories be if characters were aware that they were characters?
- What is the best medium for stories about superheroes?
- All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace | Richard Brautigan
- The Red Wheelbarrow | William Carlos Williams
- This is Just to Say | William Carlos Williams
- One Art | Elizabeth Bishop
- Midway | Naomi Long Madgett
- Since feeling is first | E. E. Cummings
- Ulysses | Alfred Lord Tennyson
- In Search of Evanescence | Agha Shahid Ali
- Ghazal: In Real Time | Agha Shahid Ali
- Esse | Czeslaw Milosz
- Kid | Simon Armitage
- The Flash Reverses Time | A Van Jordan
- Einstein Doing the Math and Einstein Ruminates on Relativity | A Van Jordan
- “In Dreams” and “Dinner at Eight” from Astro City: Life in the Big City | Kurt Busiek
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay | Michael Chabon (For Regional Rounds, The Escape Artist and this excerpt only)